Monday, July 14, 2008

Reading Labels, Day 17

Breakfast, Cleanse liquid
Lunch, Cleanse Liquid
Dinner, Cleanse Liquid and Hard boiled egg
Evening cocktail, Cleanse liquid with a few grapes.

2nd and last cleanse day over, glad I got through it. i think as I continue the diet past these first 30 days i will reduce the cleansing down to once every 3 months. It is difficult surviving on a hard boiled egg for the day, but at the same time I'm very thankful for the clearing it does of the system. I've heard that some people put a little of the cleanser in their shake on a day to day basis, this seems like a good idea once the initial process has completed.

I went grocery shopping today and cuaght myself reading labels, sometimes I was actually watching what I was eating, other times I was curious as to what I had been eating, and let me say yikes. Chips and other quick hand held snacks are absolutely brutal for calories and saturated fats. I think i will sub dinner with a shake tomorrow as I'll really want something solid to digest in my system before noon.

As a side note, it's no wonder so many North Americans are overweight, every 3rd commercial on television is a food commercial, typically fast food.

No comments: